Events that affect the entire district will be displayed here. The Activities Calendar will let you sort by school.
Individual schools also have an Activities Calendar that displays ONLY their school's activities.
Open Enrollment Ends for 2019-20 School year
- Date: 01/31/2019
- Introduction: Open Enrollment (OE) Request forms will be available at your school of residence beginning Wednesday, January 9, 2019, through the close of school office hours on Thursday, January 31, 2019.
— Open Enrollment Window for grades One through Twelve —
Wednesday, January 9, 2019, through the close of school office hours on Thursday, January 31, 2019
LATE OPEN ENROLLMENT REQUEST FORMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
2019-2020 Intradistrict Open Enrollment Procedure
- Apply for Open Enrollment if you wish to have your child(ren) attend an MUSD school other than your school of residence for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Open Enrollment (OE) Request forms will be available at your school of residence beginning Wednesday, January 9, 2019, through the close of school office hours on Thursday, January 31, 2019.
- Parents can complete one Open Enrollment Request form per student.
- Open Enrollment forms are not processed on a first come, first served basis.
- Student signatures are not required on the Open Enrollment Request forms.
- All Open Enrollment Request forms will be date stamped to ensure they are received within the Open Enrollment window.
- A copy of the Open Enrollment Request form should be requested as proof of receipt.
- High School Open Enrollment does not require renewal and the Principal can revoke the student’s Open Enrollment during the first term/year of attendance at the requested high school. The Open Enrollment can be revoked if the student has unsatisfactory attendance, behavior, or grades as defined by the receiving school Administration.
- The requested school will mail the approval/denial letters to the parent through US mail by approximately March 31, 2019.
- Open Enrollment forms are not available at the District Office and will not be available at any of the school sites after January 31, 2019.
- All Elementary Open Enrollments must be renewed yearly during the Open Enrollment window. Open Enrollment renewals are to be filled out at the student’s requested school.
- Continuation of placement at the requested elementary school is contingent upon space availability in the requested grade, satisfactory attendance, behavior, and academic achievement of the student as defined by the receiving school Administration.
- If your student is receiving Special Education services, the Special Education Department will determine student space availability and placement. The requested school will mail the approval/denial letters to the parent through US mail as soon as the determination is made.
- When you have been informed that your Open Enrollment Request has been approved, please contact your approved school within 7 days from the date of the letter to confirm your child’s placement.
NOTE: Transportation to and from the school of choice will be the responsibility of the parent/student applicant.