Events that affect the entire district will be displayed here. The Activities Calendar will let you sort by school.
Individual schools also have an Activities Calendar that displays ONLY their school's activities.
Certificated Educator of the Year Nominations Due
- Date: 03/15/2019 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Human Resources Department
March 1, 2019
2018-2019 Manteca Unified School District Educator of the Year
Educator of the Year nominations will be accepted from all schools throughout the District. Employees can be nominated by another staff member, an administrator, a parent, a student, or a community member. Nominations should be based on the nominee’s work performance, school community involvement, and/or leadership and commitment.
- Eligibility for the 2018-2019 Educator of the Year Program is limited to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Teaches Pre-Kindergarten through Grade12
- Minimum of eight (8) years classroom teaching experience
- Candidates cannot be retiring at the end of the 2019-2020 academic year
- Primary Educator Grades Pre-K –3
- Intermediate Educator Grades 4 –6
- Middle School Educator Grades 7 –8 (May include 6thgrade if that grade is considered middle school at that site)
- High School Educator Grades 9 –12
- SupportStaff (May include RSP teacher, SDC teacher, speech therapist, adapted PE teacher, music teacher, counselor, psychologist, program coordinator, school nurse, etc..)
Nomination packets should consist of:
- Educator of Year Nomination Form
- One (1) letter of support from the Site Principal
- At least One (1) letter of support from another administrator, educator, or community member
Please remember the selection committee relies on this written recommendation and two letters of support in order to understand the exemplary qualities of your nominee. You are encouraged to be as descriptive as possible so that the committee can get to know each candidate’s unique and outstanding qualities
Completed application packets are due to Yvonne Grabowski, in the Superintendent’s Office, by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 15, 2019. You may email your nomination(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org hand deliver them to the Superintendent’s Office located at 2271 W. Louise Avenue.