What are the Common Core State Standards?
- Educational standards describe what students should know and be able to do in each subject in each grade.
- Since 2010, 45 states have adopted the same standards for English and Math.
- These standards are called the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
- Having the same standards helps all students get a good education, even if they change schools or move to a different state.
- Teachers, parents, and education experts designed the CCSS to prepare students for success in college and the workplace
How is MUSD Involved in the Transition to the Common Core State Standards?
- Teachers and administrators are working to build awareness of the instructional changes required by the new standards through staff meetings, research, workshops, and other staff development activities.
- A district-wide CCSS transition committee is meeting regularly to review all aspects of the standards and to provide recommendations and direction to all teachers and staff.
- District proficiency standards are being adjusted and aligned to the new standards.
- CCSS Presentation Slides