Instructions for Outside Organizations
PROCEDURES FOR FLYER DISTRIBUTION TO FAMILIES
Our district cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar to district families. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- IMPORTANT: Read the MUSD Flyer Approval Policies in the next section below.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type)
- Upload your flyer for approval
Your flyer will automatically be submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards described below. Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
NOTE: If you are a parent group at one of our MUSD schools, these instructions do not apply. Click here for instructions.
If an organization wishes to provide paper flyers, the flyers must first be approval-stamped at the MUSD District Office. The organization can then give copies of the stamped flyers to the school office, where they will be made available at or near the front counter. No paper copies will be given to teachers or staff to distribute to students for taking home.
Posters from outside organizations to be mounted for display on school grounds must first be approved by the school's administration and each copy of the poster initialed. Posters for school sites do not need to be approved by the MUSD District Office. We do not approve any for for profit flyers.
MUSD FLYER POLICIES -- OUTSIDE ORGANIZATIONS
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be in PDF format.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Be submitted in both English and Spanish in the same document. Flyers can have multiple pages, and you will only be charged for one flyer. Please provide an accurate translation-- be advised that Google Translate is not sufficient, and your flyer will not be approved. For translation assistance, we recommend:
- Include the following disclaimer using exact wording not less than size 12 font, in both English and Spanish:
"DISCLAIMER: The activities, products, or services advertised in this flyer are not sponsored or endorsed by MUSD or its schools.”
“DESCARGO DE RESPONSABILIDAD: Las actividades, productos o servicios publicitados en este folleto no están patrocinados ni respaldados por el MUSD ni sus escuelas.”
Flyers will NOT be approved that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
- Proselytize religious beliefs
- Position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.