Tuition Free, Dependent Charter School
What is BE.Tech?
- The vision of BE.Tech charter high school is to be the premier provider of innovative career education in the region.
- The mission of BE.Tech is to empower students with skills and knowledge for post-secondary opportunities in a highly personalized, learn by doing, environment.
- BE.Tech is a career focused, charter high school that specializes in skilled trades and modern technologies.
- Students are challenged in core academic and career classes and graduate with a WASC accredited high school diploma in addition to their industry recognized certificate.
- BE.Tech provides academic and technical skills, knowledge and training necessary to succeed in future careers and to become lifelong learners. Introduce students to workplace competencies in a hands-on learning context.
- BE.Tech is student focused with small classes and welcomes all MUSD and non-MUSD 9-12 grade students, despite boundary areas.
- Meet your future, head on, with career technical education.
Explore the world of Hospitality and Culinary Arts. Students enrolled in be.cuisine learn basic food safety, knife skills, food preparation, food service, catering and classic restaurant cooking and baking methods. They train in a state-of-the-art commercial kitchen with industry chefs. Students have the chance to practice skills in a variety of settings including fine dining events, student lunches and small and large catering events. Students also earn Serv-Safe and Food Handlers certificates.
Many students are offered local internships and participate in community volunteer activities.
Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in having be.cuisine cater your next event.
Explore fire, law enforcement, medical and military career pathways. Learn the organization, function and response protocols of the national, state, local and private emergency response systems, the incident command system, basic personal and public safety skills and disaster preparedness. Complete CPR/ First Aid, NIMS and CERT training.
Explore the world of design and fabrication and related green technologies. Learn fundamental ARC, MIG, TIG welding, oxy-acetylene and plasma torching, cold forming metal and tube bending, woodworking, equipment painting, machining, electrical fundamentals, basic drafting and CNC design. Earn a CSWA certificate.
Video Game Design and Digital art are the focus of the be.next Game Design Academy. Created for students looking to break into the video game industry, or those that just have a passion for gaming, computers, or digital art, be.next is a dynamic, immersive, educational experience. Using commercial game engines and design software, students will work in teams and individually to create an entire portfolio of game and art projects. Core academic classes are completed using hybrid classes, both online and with instructors. The entire academic day is spent in various lab environments, with a schedule built around flexibility. The combination of instructor-led sessions and open lab time offers students the opportunity to go beyond the traditional classroom; giving students time to explore, learn, experiment, and create.
Students enrolled in be.next will complete core academic classes through independent study. The classes are hybrid-online courses, with weekly instructor-led lessons as well as additional online coursework completed throughout the week. Students will have an academic advisor assigned for weekly progress meetings to ensure academic success.
How to Enroll
Applications for the 2018-2019 School Year
Be.tech is currently accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year. All interested students (Grades 9-12) should complete the four parts of the application below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Parents, please complete the following three forms:
Students, please complete the item below: