MUSD Nurses pose together for a picture

Health Services

  • Health Services is dedicated to the philosophy that promoting health in children enhances their ability to learn. The staff of Health Services is committed to the maintenance of optimal health and sense of well being for all Manteca Unified School District students, their families, and our staff in cooperation with the communities of Manteca, Lathrop, French Camp, and Weston Ranch. 

McKinney-Vento Law

  • The McKinney-Vento Act defines transitional (homeless) students as those who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence and may reside:

    • In a shelter (family, domestic violence, youth shelter, or transitional housing)
    • In a motel, hotel, or weekly rate housing (single room occupancy hotel)
    • Temporarily (not permanent) in a house or apartment with more than one family because of loss of housing or economic hardship
    • In an abandoned building, car, campground, or on the street
    • With friends or family because you are a runaway or an unaccompanied youth

    What are your Child's Educational Rights?

    • Under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act, your child:
    • Has the right to enroll in school without normally required documents such as birth certificates, proof of residency, transcripts, and immunization records
    • Has the right to continue to attend the school in which they were last enrolled or attend the school nearest their current residence
    • May receive transportation to school
    • Has the right to participate in all programs and activities when eligbile

Health Information

  • Stop Smoking Hotline
  • Parent's Guide to Vaping

Documents & Forms

  • Visit the Nutrition Page

Transitional Student Success

  • MUSD Transitional Student Success Program (TSSP) offers assistance and support to hundreds of students and families each year.

    TSSP Services may include help with:

    • Enrolling in school and accessing educational and immunization records
    • Obtaining free meals at school
    • Transportation / bus passes
    • School supplies
    • Referral to community resources

    For more information: Call your school and ask for the TSSP "Point of Contact" OR call Health Services at (209) 858-0782


  • My student has severe allergies. He/she requires allergy medication and dietary restrictions. What do I do?

  • My student needs to take his/her medication(s) at school. What do I do?