Our Hiring Process
Step 1: Preparing an Edjoin Profile
- Go to Edjoin Website:
- Go to Login/Register
- Create a profile
- Electronically attach:
- Letter of introduction
- 3 letters of Recommendation
- Credential or proof of intern eligibility
- CBEST and/or CSET, and/or RICA scores
- Unofficial Transcripts
Step 2: Online Application
- Type "Manteca Unified School District" in the search bar in the upper right hand corner of Edjoin.org
or click the link below to be automatically directed to our available job postings:
- Click on the job application which you wish to apply for
- Complete and submit the application
Step 3: Screening
- Candidates who meet the prescreening requirements will be contacted via email or telephone call for an interview
- Candidates not selected for an interview will be notified by email
Step 4: Interview
- If contacted for an interview, come to the Human Resources Department a few minutes before the scheduled interview start time.
- A reference check will be conducted after the interview for selected candidates.
- Candidates selected for hire will be notified by telephone.
- Candidates not selected for hire will be notified through email.
Step 5: Fingerprint
- If selected for the position, you will need to provide your driver's license, social security card, TB clearance, copies of all test scores, and official transcripts.
- Fingerprint packet will be emailed to you. Follow directions on the form to make an appointment at the San Joaquin County Office of Education.
Step 6: Sign Papers
- Upon fingerprint clearance, applicants will be contacted about a mandatory New Employee intake session.
- First time teachers will be given a health form to be completed by their physician. Experienced teachers will be given a "Verification of Experience Form" to be completed by their previous district.
- Once sign-ups are completed and all required forms have been submitted, you are ready to begin working in MUSD!
- Go to Edjoin Website:
Become a Substitute Teacher!
- Complete an online application
- Scan and attach:
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a supervisor)
- Passing results for the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST)
- Unofficial college transcripts
- Hold a valid credential or be prepared to obtain a substitute teaching permit
- Manteca Unified School District is a California Commission on Teacher Credentialing approved program sponsor. We can initiate the permit on your behalf or you can complete the application yourself at http://www.ctc.ca.gov.
- Clear fingerprinting
- Provide results of TB test (within last 4 years)
- Provide official (sealed) college transcripts
- Attend mandatory Substitute Signing Session -Human Resources/Payroll sign-ups and Substitute Training