STUDENT SERVICES / Child Welfare and Attendance
The Child Welfare and Attendance department supports all district sites in their efforts to provide a safe supportive learning environment for all students and staff. The Child Welfare and Attendance department coordinates and/or is a resource for the following areas:
- Intra-District Administrative Placement Transfers (school-to-school)
- Intra-District Open Enrollment Transfer Requests (school-to-school)
- Inter-District Transfer Requests (district-to-district)
- Alternative Education
- Educational Options
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Bullying Prevention
- Comprehensive School Safety Plans
- Student Conduct and Discipline including Suspensions and Expulsions
- Student Attendance Concerns through School Attendance Review Board (SARB)
- Supporting Foster and Homeless Youth
2021-2022 Open Enrollment Window: CLOSED
The Open Enrollment window for the 2022-2023 school year will be January 6-31, 2022.
Check back here in December 2021 and January 2022 for Open Enrollment instructions.
Forms will only be available at your school of residence and online during the month of January 2022.
Click here to download CWA forms (log-in required for administrators).
Interdistrict Attendance (IDA) Transfer (Student lives WITHIN MUSD boundary and wants to attend school in another district):
Interdistrict Attendance (IDA) Transfer (Student lives OUTSIDE of MUSD boundary, but wants to attend a school within MUSD):
Rupinder Bhatti, Director of Student Services - (209) 858-0762
Jean Sorich, Secretary of Student Services/Child Welfare & Attendance - (209) 858-0762
Nancy Teixeira, Clerk - (209) 858-0867
Questions and Concerns can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: This contact information is NOT for reporting an absence. Please contact your school site directly.