Child Welfare and Attendance (CWA)
The Child Welfare and Attendance department supports all district sites in their efforts to provide a safe supportive learning environment for all students and staff. The Child Welfare and Attendance department coordinates and/or is a resource for the following areas:
- Intra-District Administrative Placement Transfers (school-to-school)
- Intra-District Open Enrollment Transfer Requests (school-to-school)
- Inter-District Transfer Requests (district-to-district)
- Alternative Education
- Educational Options
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Bullying Prevention
- Comprehensive School Safety Plans
- Student Conduct and Discipline including Suspensions and Expulsions
- Student Attendance Concerns through School Attendance Review Board (SARB)
- Supporting Foster and Homeless Youth
Kindergarten Open Enrollment Window: April 7-30, 2021
See the information below for more about open enrollment.
Click here to download CWA forms (log-in required for administrators).
Interdistrict Attendance (IDA) Transfer (Student lives WITHIN MUSD boundary and wants to attend school in another district):
Interdistrict Attendance (IDA) Transfer (Student lives OUTSIDE of MUSD boundary, but wants to attend a school within MUSD):
Rupinder Bhatti, Director of Child Welfare & Attendance - (209) 858-0762
Jean Sorich, Secretary of Child Welfare & Attendance - (209) 858-0762
Nancy Teixeira, Clerk - (209) 858-0867
Questions and Concerns can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: This contact information is NOT for reporting an absence. Please contact your school site directly.