Instructions for Schools and Parent Clubs
Flyer Distribution Procedures
Please note: Schools cannot use their own Peachjar accounts to send out flyers for outside organizations. Outside organizations must create their own Peachjar accounts and upload their own flyers for district approval.
Your school's Peachjar Site Administrator can upload flyers to the school's Peachjar account. You can send your flyers to the Site Admin for uploading. The Site Admin is also in charge of assigning uploading privileges to others. Please contact that individual if you would like to request uploading privileges. Once uploading privileges are assigned to you, an auto-generated email is sent to you with your username and password.
If you are a flyer uploader for your school, follow the directions below.
- IMPORTANT: Read the MUSD Flyer Policies in the next section below.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Log in.
- Upload your flyer. You will go through a "checkout" process, but there is no charge for flyers for schools and parent clubs.
- Your flyer will then be emailed out in the next cycle, which is typically the following day.
Sending Flyers to Other Schools
Just like outside organizations can submit e-flyers to MUSD for approval to distribute to any of our schools, now our schools also have the capability to distribute e-flyers to other schools in our district. If a school or parent club is hosting an event open to the entire community, and wants other schools’ families to know about it, that school can send its e-flyer to MUSD with a list of schools to send the flyer to. Because of the Peachjar account structure, these flyers from other schools will appear to be coming from your school—but they have actually been sent by the district Peachjar account. If you are interested in doing this, please contact email@example.com .
MUSD Flyer Policies - School and Parent Clubs
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be in PDF format.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Include both English and Spanish. Flyers can have multiple pages in one PDF document. Please provide an accurate translation-- be advised that Google Translate is not sufficient, and your flyer will not be approved.
- For translation assistance, we recommend:Alboum Translation Services
Flyers must NOT contain materials that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
- Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue.Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.