MUSD Special Education Department will support and implement relevant, evidence-based practices by providing programs designed to foster the potential, purpose, and productivity of every student.
MUSD Special Education Department strives toward their vision of educational success for all students by providing guidance and support to all Manteca Unified School District schools, staff, and families.
Other School Districts
Out of district school representatives in need of special education records, will need to request for Special Education Records in writing (via mail or email). Phone requests will need to be followed with a written request. To protect the identity and confidentiality of students, please identify yourself, include your name, your district, your title, a way to contact you, the name of student, the date of birth of student, and reason for request. Contact information can be found below.
MUSD Spec Ed Services Described: Spec Ed Services
Manteca Unified School District
Attention: Spec Ed Records Department.
PO BOX 32
Manteca CA 95336
or email: Michelle Guillermo: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA)
Manteca Unified School District is part of the San Joaquin County Special Education Local Plan Area. For more information please visit: San Joaquin County Office of Education SELPA page.
Notice of Public Hearing
County Health Information
- San Joaquin County Public Health Services website: http://www.sjcphs.org
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website: http://www.cdc.go
- California Department of Public Health website: http://www.cdph.ca.gov
- California Department of Education website: http://www.cde.ca.gov
- California School Nurses Organization: https://www.csno.org/
- COVID-19 Case Tracking Website: https://ncov2019.live/data
“Mandatory Interim Pupil Records” must be kept for three years after a student leaves or the records are no longer useful.
- This will include electronic, Hard copy, micro film, and microfiche.
- All records being destroyed have met the maintenance period of three years of not being useful to the district.
Permitted records may be destroyed when their usefulness ceases or six months after a student graduates or withdraws.
As of 7/1/2014, The Manteca Unified School District has deemed all the Special Education records prior to the year 2000 to be deemed no longer useful. As in accordance to board policy these records will be destroyed on or after July 1, 2014. Public request for these records will be honored for 30 working days after this public notice 7/1/2014.