MUSD uses an online learning program from Edmentum called Exact Path. This exciting digital tool personalizes learning across grades K–10 in reading, language arts, and math. Exact Path is an online pathway with individualized instruction and targeted intervention designed for students in K-10 grade. Instruction is powered by MAP assessment testing data to ensure students receive a tailored learning playlist of robust curriculum. Exact path gives students the agency over when, where, and the pace in which they learn. Students can earn rewards and monitor their own progress each step of the way. Your student will be using this program at school, but he or she can also continue learning at home.
Your child will:
- Follow a prescribed standards-based learning path created especially for each them based on their MAP assessment results.
- Earn rewards and monitor their own progress every step of the way
- Receive instruction customized to their unique needs that adapts with them
Where can my student find their work?
Your student will primarily work within his or her unique learning path, which is based on assessment results for each available subject. Within a learning path, no more than four skills will ever display at once. Each skill could consist of a lesson, practice, and a quiz. Outside of the learning path, a student might also receive additional assignments from a teacher. Each assignment will have a specified due date.
How will the learning path change as my students keeps working?
After completing each set of skills displayed in the learning path, a short Progress Check will be unlocked. This will assess a student’s understanding of the skills he or she just learned and determine if additional review is needed or if the student is readyto move ahead. If the student does not master a skill, he or she will receive a prerequisite skill known as a Building Block to help shore up foundational concepts.
Where can my student see their progress?
The Rewards area tracks all progress and skill mastery the student has made in Exact Path.
- Mastery Trophies: Students must earn 80 percent or above on each skill within the Progress Check in order to earn a Trophy for that skill.
- Challenge Badges: Teachers can create personalized challenges for a single student or an entire class to motivate learning. These can include setting goals around how many skills students should master or how much time they should spend learning in the program.
How can my student get started?
See the flyer and video below to access Exact Path now! OR
Visit Edmentum Parent Resources Page to learn more!